Wednesday, April 27, 2011

SITTIN' ON MY BISCUIT, NEVER HAVING TO RISK IT

____________________

READ ARTICLE HERE

After reading the above article about Chinese Christians being detained for gathering for Easter services it reminded me of the freedoms that I, too often, take for granted here in America.

For our Easter services at ChangePoint I was free to print and distribute invitations, posters, flyers and bulletins, as well as electronically market our services to tens of thousands of people. The only thing that I feared was email bounce-back or people asking to be removed from our mailing list. No threat of persecution, no chance of government authorities detaining me and no risk.

If I am honest, I went through this entire Easter season and never once thought about the Christians around the world that were risking their lives to gather and celebrate our risen King.

Father, forgive me for being so focused on "me" and "my church" that I forget to remember your church world-wide.
____________________

No comments:

Post a Comment